BEIRUT (REUTERS) - Former Nissan Motor chairman Carlos Ghosn is helping everyone who stood by him, he said in an interview broadcast on Saturday (July 11), though he declined to comment on cases of people accused of helping him flee to Lebanon from Japan. Ghosn, the ex-chairman of an automaking alliance of Renault, Nissan Motor and Mitsubishi Motors was arrested in Japan in late 2018 on charges of underreporting his salary and using company funds for personal purpose - charges he denies. In late December, he made a dramatic escape from house arrest in Japan, where he was awaiting trial, and fled to Beirut, his childhood home. Japan has asked the United States to extradite US Army Special Forces veteran Michael Taylor and his son Peter Taylor, who are accused of helping Ghosn flee and were arrested in May. Asked in an interview with Al Arabiya TV if he was trying to help the Taylors and others involved in his escape, Ghosn said: "You are talking about specific people, and I will not comment on those people who you are singling out. "What I'm saying is that I am helping everyone who helped me; I'm helping them with my means, with my thinking, and in any way I can," he said. "I am not talking about those people you mentioned specifically," he said, adding that he was talking about people who helped him "in general". Ghosn has refused to discuss details of his escape from Japan, saying it would put in danger those who helped him. A US judge said on Friday that Michael and Peter Taylor posed too great of a flight risk to be released on bail given the "spectacular" allegations against them. Ghosn told Al Arabiya he made "the entire plan" for his escape but he had needed information and assistance from people whom he was not ready to endanger by talking about the matter. Earlier this month, an executive from a Turkish private jet operator, four pilots and two flight attendants appeared in court on charges of helping to smuggle Ghosn via Istanbul. Ghosn also said Japan had yet to send his case file to Lebanon as requested by the Lebanese government. "It has been six months and they haven't sent the file. Why haven't they sent the file?"
TAMPA, Fla., July 11, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Tampa-based SoFresh is an emerging, fresh casual concept, that serves nutritious, made-to-order meals that are quick and healthy. SoFresh is scheduled to open three new Florida locations this year. The first of the three will be in South Tampa at Westshore Town Center (next to Starbucks). The opening is projected for Fall 2020 with Carrollwood and Lakeland locations to follow. "We believe our menu will resonate with communities across the country," Williams adds. "We're more than just salads. Flavorful grain-based bowls are a spotlight on our menu." SoFresh is meeting with prospective franchise partners throughout the states of Florida and Pennsylvania with plans to open more than twenty-five locations within the next two years. About SoFresh Proudly American, SoFresh currently has 12 locations open and committed to open in Florida and Pennsylvania. We are a lifestyle brand that offers delicious, chef-crafted meals, served fresh and quick for a better-for-you experience. Find SoFresh on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or visit us at lovesofresh.com. Media Contact: Tyler Berlingerityler@lovesofresh.com Related Files SoFresh Logo - RGB - Tagline.png Related Images image1.jpg View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sofresh-signs-multiple-franchise-agreements-301091879.html SOURCE SoFresh
PARIS (AFP) - A group of 14 doctors in France called on Saturday (July 11) for stricter rules on the wearing of masks, to ensure there was no resurgence of the coronavirus. In an open letter published in the daily newspaper Le Parisien-Aujourd'hui, the doctors, from a range of disciplines, noted that people were beginning to neglect the basic social distancing precautions. "It would be most unfortunate if these effective and accessible methods were not used," they added. They recommended the compulsory wearing of masks inside public buildings, social distancing as much as possible and the regular washing of hands. While acknowledging that masks could be uncomfortable to wear, they insisted on their importance. "Wearing a mask is not only to protect yourself, but also to prevent the spread of the virus; as long as everyone wears it!" they wrote. Their message echoed Friday's appeal by Prime Minister Jean Castex and Health Minister Olivier Veran, as the first wave of holidaymakers got ready to set off this weekend. They called on people to stay vigilant and to keep wearing masks to avoid a second wave of the coronavirus. France's health authority noted Friday that the level of infections had begun to pick up again even if, for the moment, the numbers remained low. Related Stories:
MONTRÉAL, July 11, 2020 /CNW Telbec/ - Given the cooler temperatures recorded today, the weather forecast for the upcoming days, as well as the assessment made by the regional public health department, the urban agglomeration public safety organization is announcing a return to normal operations as part of its Heat response plan. On July 10, in accordance with recommendations issued by the regional public health department of CIUSSS du Centre-Sud de l'Île-de-Montréal, the city's public safety organization had announced it was upgrading its extreme heat response to Level 1. Although the intervention level has been downgraded, our teams remain vigilant and are monitoring the situation closely, in order to adapt their actions to the needs of the population in compliance with COVID-19-related public safety directives. Where to cool off Although temperatures have dropped, residents may still go to certain locations to catch a break from the heat during the summer season: in the city's numerous play fountains across the territory in outdoor swimming pools and wading pools in shopping malls that have reopened across the urban agglomeration of Montréal on beaches of the urban agglomeration. You can easily locate facilities that are open using this online map (in French) Cooling
DUBAI (REUTERS) - A gas explosion shook a residential building in Iran's capital Teheran on Saturday (July 11), injuring one person, the semi-official ISNA news agency quoted the city fire department as saying. Several gas cylinders kept in a basement blew up, damaging the building and injuring a resident, a fire department spokesman told ISNA. There have been several explosions around Iranian military, nuclear and industrial facilities since late June.