It has been a topsy-turvy week for the global equity markets, having to deal with the Evergrande crisis in China. Will this event prove to be a catalyst triggering a market correction? Or is the worst over? In this exclusive interview with Puneet Wadhwa, Kotak Mahindra AMC Managing Director Nilesh Shah answers all these questions.
Concerns around China’s Evergrande crisis over now?
- Evergrande more of a China problem than a global one
- It’s China’s ‘Lehman Brothers moment’
- No global markets contagion, only a temporary setback
- Some impact: Real estate slowdown, metal stocks to be hit
Will Evergrande ghost haunt global financial markets again?
- Difficult to predict market sentiment
- Events like Evergrande can act as a catalyst for market correction
Where will Nifty be after 6 months – 15,000 or 20,000?
- Indian markets are fairly valued